Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why CS Lewis was Smarter than Me Am

Having read Lewis' autobiography some years ago, I realized why I would never become the kind of scholar he was. (Shouldn't it have been obvious already?) This post by Fred Sanders, which includes a description by Lewis of his studies as a teenager, was like a nail in the coffin. So read no further unless you are looking for (1) an excuse for your own shotty intellect, (2) a good reason to be depressed about your future prospects as a scholar, or (3) fuel for your contempt of CS Lewis (and by 'contempt' I mean envy.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't see any mention of calculus and/or physics, both of which you studied as a 17 year old. Nor did I notice any mention of training in the musical arts, which you did as a 17 year old. All in all, you are probably as smart as CS Lewis.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Hey Chris,

Giving you a mention here: http://iidb.infidels.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=248919
in a prime mover debate. Thought you'd be interested. I hope I didn't misrepresent you or Craig.

The post will probably be up by morning.

Charlie Clack

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home